Whether you’re a student, Centennial College staff member, or live in the area and would like to use the AWC’s services, we have what you’d like to know!
Full-time students pay a fee associated with the Athletic and Wellness Centre when they pay their tuition; there is no additional fee to use the fitness centre or gymnasium at the AWC. To register, simply sign in with your current, validated student card at the Guest Services desk located on the first floor of the Athletic and Wellness Centre at Progress. For a speedier registration, you can download the form here, fill it out and bring it to the Guest Services desk. Part-time students do not pay the same fee and are required to pay for use of the AWC. The membership fee for part-time students is $125+ applicable taxes per semester, paid in full at the beginning of the semester.
Staff and Faculty
Starting Friday, April 1st, 2016, all active full- and part-time Centennial College employees can enjoy a free membership at the AWC. Please note there is a regular employee rate for fitness classes and programs such as High Intensity Interval Training and Beginner’s Muay Thai. Visit us at the Guest Services desk with your current employee ID and we’ll be happy to get you started as a new member of the AWC. New members receive a tour of the AWC and one free session with an AWC wellness coach or personal trainer.
You’re not a student or employee of Centennial College but you’d love to have access to the state-of-the-art facilities available at the Athletic and Wellness Centre. Good news: You can register and use the fitness centre for only $175 + applicable taxes per semester. You can register by dropping in to the Athletic and Wellness Centre at Centennial College’s Progress Campus – 941 Progress Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1G 3T8. We are located at the far end of the north parking lot, next to the Student Centre.
How can I Pay?
Memberships are paid per semester, at the beginning of each semester in a lump sum. You can pay with your debit, cash, Visa, or Mastercard.
Some important things that you should know:
- Any service booked at Student Association Spa Services (SASS), and any classes booked and registered through Athletics and Recreation are not included in your membership fees.
- The gymnasium is often booked for events and games or tournaments. If you’d like to use the gym for free play or a pickup game, please inquire at the Guest Services reception desk.
- There are no cell phones or recording equipment allowed on the second floor of the AWC or in change rooms.
- If you were a full-time student enrolled between Fall 2007 and Winter 2010, your membership will be pro-rated. That is, for each semester during that time that you paid fees as a full-time student, you will receive free membership.
- Semesters must be taken consecutively. So, for example, if you were a full-time student from September 2008 to April 2009, you can receive two (2) free semesters and can take them Winter 2012 and Spring 2012.